day twenty-five :: merry christmas
While looking at lights this year:
Husband: Ugh. Crack house
Me: What on earth are you talking about?!
Husband: That house with blinking lights. It’s the international sign for “we sell meth”
Me: That is just blatantly not true. Not even a little.
Husband: So why else are their lights all cracked-out?
Me: They’re not, they’re perfectly nice Christmas lights on a perfectly nice house filled with perfectly nice people. Are you trying to tell me that every third house is selling drugs at Christmas?
Husband: I can think of no other explanation
we pass an obnoxiously blinky (but very nice) house:
Husband: You don’t even want to know what they’re selling.
Me: You’re not a real person. You can’t be.
On behalf of the entire Hunter House, I’d like to wish all y’all a very Merry Christmas.
I hope it is filled with exceeding comfort and joy and coffee and presents and Light. And without drugs. (And hopefully your neighbors didn’t hang out their “we sell meth” lights.) Thank you for making it a very merry year for us and for following along during the Month O’ Festivity.
1. Christmas Bucket List | chuckandwelly
2. Peppermint White Chocolate Kettle Corn | chuckandwelly
3. Hot Cocoa Cookies | chuckandwelly
4. Be Still | chuckandwelly
5. Kickin’ Cranberry Sauce | chuckandwelly
6. A Christmas Memory | Morglopedia
7. Oh, Christmas Tree | chuckandwelly
8. A Hunka Hunk of Burnin’ Christmas Love | Chronicles of the Concomitant
9. Dark Chocolate Truffles | chuckandwelly
10. Home Is Where the Heart Is | KellyLulu
11. Month Nine | chuckandwelly
12. Stuff It | Making Mondays
13. Revel in the Joy | Pictures of Prose
14. Peppermint White Chocolate Cupcakes | chuckandwelly
15. Brown Paper Packages | chuckandwelly
16. And Cute Little Straws | chuckandwelly
17. I Bought Out Ghirardelli Square | Christen the Baker
18. Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix & Homemade Hot Chocolate | A Sweeter Thing
19. A Curried Christmas | LC Crochet
20. Merry & Bright Sugar Cookies | chuckandwelly
21. One Chocolate, Three Treats | KellyLulu
22. Peppermint White Chocolate Oreos | chuckandwelly
23. Dear Santa | chuckandwelly
24. Peppermint Crunch Cheesecake | chuckandwelly
25. Merry Christmas!
We’ve done it! We’ve made it to Christmas. Well, hopefully. I’m writing this a few days in advance since blogging doesn’t make the priority list of things to do on Christmas. Currently, I’m most likely drinking coffee and watching the ‘Saurus open presents. Or, at least I’d like to be. I’m probably actually doing something totally mundane like changing a diaper. Merry Christmas to me!
A very special and heart-felt “thanks” to all of the fabulous people who wrote beautiful posts and shared a little bit of themselves. I thoroughly enjoyed this project and am really looking forward to it again next year. Maybe next year, I’ll plan it out more than two weeks ahead…but probably not, so I’ll just say it now…If you’re interested in writing a guest post for next year, shoot me an email anytime throughout the year at email@example.com