Sorry this is a little overdue. The ‘Saurus turned five months at some point. I’ve been busy. We’re also moving this month so I’ll probably miss his six-month photo by a week or two. Eh. He’s growing too fast anyway. I’ll just pretend he’s still two months…
weight: +/- 20 lbs. Whew.
length: 29 inches.
- Eats food. I mean, food that’s not milk. At first I thought I’d be a little more intentional about starting solids, but I got tired of the ‘Saurus grabbing food off of my plate all of the time so I just stopped taking it away and then added in purees. He’s a fan of everything resembling a veggie or fruit. Or spaghetti sauce. He sucks all of the sauce off of the noodles and then spits the noodles out. Same thing with BBQ sauce. Licks all of the sauce off and spits out the meat. I’m not sure this is my child.
- Loves the puppies. Ranger, specifically. Spends all day watching them.
- Getting more involved in bedtime stories. Stays awake through the whole thing now. Probably just because he wants to rip all of the pages but whatever.
- Loves playing peek-a-boo. Squeals like a pig when you surprise him. It’s pretty cute.
- Cuddling! He’s pretty attached to people. Doesn’t even matter if he’s met the person before or not, he’ll snuggle on in and drool on your face.
- Found his feet. Chews on them daily.
- Rolls over and scoots around. He hasn’t figured out crawling but he can use his feet to scrunch along on his face. Gets a few rug burns when he gets off of his blankets but he doesn’t seem to mind and is immensely happy with himself whenever any forward (or backward or sideways) progress is made.
- Sleeping. That four-month sleep thing everyone warned me about is no joke. We haven’t slept in a month. I suppose it serves me right for bragging about my awesomely sleepy baby. I’ve learned my lesson. Luckily, he’s not angry – just awake. A lot.
- Trying to read a book, magazine, or anything involving paper. For some strange reason, the ‘Saurus is into destroying paper. Magazines are his current nemesis and he goes after Sports Illustrated with a vengeance.
- Quietness. Babysaurus has discovered that he loves the sound of his own voice. And that that voice can reach incredible decibels and octaves. Thankfully, it’s mostly happy squeals so it’s cute. Just not quiet.
favorites: (as voted on by Mom)
- Infantino Fresh Squeezed Squeeze Station. Ummm, awesome. It’s an extremely simple conglomeration of plastic that squishes your fresh purees into those fancy little pouches for handy baby-feeding. I’m in love with this. My freezer is now full of little pouches of weird-looking mush.
- Coco the Monkey Teether. The little man is a HUGE fan of this little monkey. We don’t leave the house without him. The monkey, I mean. Well, and the baby, too. Both of them come with us.
- Sophie the Giraffe. A couple of months ago, I failed to see what all of the fuss was about. C’mon. It’s a plastic giraffe. Big deal. Boy was I wrong. I now understand. And so does the ‘Saurus. He likes the monkey (see above) a little better since the monkey has smaller legs to fit in his mouth, but Sophie is never far behind.
- Movies. Once upon a time, I vowed to be the parent who didn’t let their child watch TV. That didn’t last long. The little one loves movies and all things electronic. I’ve embraced it since I can now take showers while the ‘Saurus is occupied. His current favorite is Monsters, Inc. Don’t ask me why, it just is.
- THE NINJA. Don’t waste your money on those baby food processor thingies. The Ninja does an absolutely perfect job of pureeing veggies and fruit.
- These weird spoons. Now that the dude is eating from other sources besides a bottle, we’ve tested many, many types of baby spoons. Only one made the cut.
- Baby Sperrys. Seriously, how cute are these?! Nevermind that babies don’t need (or like) shoes.
- Aveeno Eczema Therapy. The poor dude has had a little trouble with eczema. The Aveeno eczema bath and lotion clears is right up!