Happy Father’s Day to all of the Dads and Dad-like people, but particularly to those in my family.
My father is the most selfless person I’ve ever met and I will be forever grateful for his guidance, both on the horse and off.
I am doubly blessed to get to celebrate another wonderful father for the first time this year! From the moment we met, I knew Husband would be a fantastic dad and he has surpassed all expectations.
I’m always at a loss for what to get Husband. He’s one of those typical men who likes everything and nothing all at the same time. So frustrating. The default is to usually just order him beer supplies, but then I feel like I’m cheating because it’s just too easy and that’s what he gets every time. I mean, shouldn’t gift-giving be difficult and stressful and take months to find just the perfect item for Husband to put on a shelf and never look at again?! Yes. And as soon as I find one acceptable option, it’s time to find another. The month of June contains our anniversary, Father’s Day, and Husband’s birthday. Oy. So mostly, he gets beer stuff and I get grey hair from fretting about it. Just in case you don’t want to go the stressful route, here are my recommendations for man-things. It’s not as creative or thorough as the one from Pregnant Chicken, but maybe it’ll get you started. I wanted to do this before Father’s Day so it would actually be helpful, but then it would give away what I got Husband so obviously that couldn’t happen
1. Beer stuff. There’s a reason this is Husband’s go-to gift. It’s the number one thing on his list at all times.
2. Shaving kit. Husband swears by this company and says it makes his least favorite activity (shaving) not so miserable.
3. Leather grilling apron. Because nothing says “MAN” like cooking meat over a fire while wearing a dead cow.
4. Coupons. This was the anniversary option last year and it was a big hit.
5. Technology. I fail to understand why, but men love gadgets and toys. iPads and phones currently top the list for Husband.
6. Six-pack cooler. Because it’s better than a lunch box.
8. Humidor. Husband is getting into cigars lately and just got a starter kit as an early birthday present.
10. And I would be remiss if I failed to mention this awesome option which Husband received for Father’s Day this year:
And in REALLY exciting news…(There needs to be some kind of sarcasm alert for the internet. Like if the words are purple and sparkly, you know it’s sarcasm. Someone should get on that.) Anyway, in REALLY exciting news, I joined Twitter. Mostly because I think the little bird is adorable. I’m not sure I’ve figured out how to use it, but the idea is to use it for “What’s in the Oven” at the Hunter House. (Hint – it’s not a baby. We just did that.) Mostly it will be Berry Cake and Twix Cookies all over again, but you can find me at @chuckandwelly
Happy twittering! Or whatever it is you do on that thing….