Too fast! Too fast! Make it stop!
weight: 14.5 pounds. In related news, my biceps are getting a killer workout
length: 24 inches. Or thereabouts
- Still has a giant appetite and is best friends with the ceiling fan (the focus of his attention in the picture)
- Has earned his wings on his first plane flight which resulted in his first visit to Texas!
- Sleeping through the night! Woohoo!
- Rubbed all of his hair off so we now have a bald baby. Excellent
- Loves to use his hands for everything. Especially covering his face.
- Smiles a ton and is getting the hang of laughing. Mostly he just squeaks and surprises himself.
- Holds his head up and loves to stand up and bounce himself up and down.
- Still living up to his nickname: Thunderbutt
- Still not a fan of the crib.
- Zero patience. Particularly when there is food involved. The only time he gets angry is when you make him stop eating to burp. Yikes.
- I started back to work this month and am not a fan of not snuggling all day.
favorites: (as voted on by Mom)
- Boppy Pillow. There is a giant tag that says, “no sleeping”. Therefore making it his favorite sleeping place. I have both the travel version and the regular one which seemed excessive until I traveled halfway across the country by myself with a 6-week old. Total believer in the necessity of the travel one but I like the regular one better for when we’re just around the house.
- Flannel Wipes. Which Husband refers to by the classy name of “the poo rag”. I never thought I would be one of those “hippie mamas” who use cloth wipes, but I am. The disposable ones (or at least the ones we can find around here) irritate the little guy’s skin to no end but some flannel squares in warm water do a remarkable job. Unfortunately, this makes a wipe warmer a near-necessity (because who wants to wait for the sink water to warm up at every diaper change?!) and I now own a contraption I was firmly against owning. Sigh.
- Finn + Emma Play Gym. The Tiny One LOVES it. And I love it because it doesn’t make annoying noises, it isn’t the color of highlighters, the height is adjustable so it grows with him, and the little animals un-snap for hanging on other contraptions (like the car seat) or holding.
- Washable Changing Pad Liners. Husband and I began lining the changing pad with puppy pads (yes, the kind for dogs) so that we wouldn’t have to wash the changing pad in case of accidents. That plan got expensive quickly considering the frequency of said accidents. We then discovered the washable kind and they’re amazing.
- A really good washing machine. Enough said. Oh, and Tide To-Go Pens. Which fit perfectly in the most awesome diaper bag in the world.