Remember how I promised to give you the recipe for my cinnamon toffee scones? Ya, it’s been a while, but I’m finally getting around to it. I’m currently somewhere over Arizona and let me tell you, plane rides are great for getting stuff done. I can’t go anywhere, or be distracted by ducks or laundry and I conveniently “forgot” my homework. Thus, a blog post! Hooray!
These were a huge hit at the office a couple of weeks ago and I’m happy to share them with you. Happy baking!
I can’t possibly think of a better way to start the morning than with some brown sugar…
Pat out the dough until about 3/4″ thick.
Then use a knife (sprayed with non-stick spray) to slice into triangles.
Bake and enjoy! Yum!
gluten-free cinnamon toffee scones
3/4 C oat flour
1/2 C almond flour
1/2 C sorghum flour
2 Tbsp potato starch
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C pure cane brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
6 tsp cold butter
1/2 C sour cream
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 C toffee bits
1/2 C powdered sugar
1 Tbsp light corn syrup
1 Tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. In food processor, pulse together the dry ingredients (first 10) until well combined.
3. Add cold butter and pulse until crumbly
4. Add egg, vanilla, and sour cream and pulse until dough forms
5. Fold in toffee bits
6. On waxed paper, press out dough until it is about 3/4″ thick. Slice into triangles and place on baking sheet.
7. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until golden
8. In small bowl, combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over scones.
9. Serve and enjoy!