Today I learned some things:
- We have wayy more laundry than two people should conceivably have. I swear, the clothes are breeding like rabbits in the hamper.
- Your day will significantly improve if you wear a bacon band-aid.
- Husband is more Jewish than I thought and continuously refuses to get me a chef and a housekeeper.
I don’t know why he resists. Our lives would be so much easier if I didn’t have to do chores or worry about mundane things like dinner and could focus more on my James Bond skills. He said something about money and wasteful and unnecessary but all I heard was “get in the kitchen” and “those clothes won’t wash themselves”. Just kidding. What he actually said (in addition to those dirty words) was “Go drink this bottle of wine and I’ll make dinner”. Score. I felt badly about my wife skills though so I volunteered for zoo, dish, and laundry duty. I’m an idiot. Although chores were shockingly
fun less tedious after that bottle of wine.
I seriously recommend everyone get themselves a husband, particularly if he cooks, because let me tell you that dinner might be the best thing I’ve ever had.
green chile chicken casserole
1 1/3 C fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
1 C canned chopped green chiles, drained
1 C chopped onion
1 C fat-free sour cream
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 family-sized can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
1 tsp minced garlic
24 (6-inch) white corn tortillas
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, shredded.
2 C finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Combine the first 9 ingredients in a large saucepan, stirring with a whisk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
3. Spread approx 1 cup soup mixture in a baking dish. Arrange 6 tortillas over the soup mixture, and top with 1 cup chicken and 1/2 cup cheese. Repeat layers, ending with the cheese. Spread remaining soup mixture over cheese. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Tip of the day: You can shred chicken in your KitchenAid in about 3.5 seconds. Simply dump warm chicken breasts in bowl, and use cookie paddle attachment. Bam! Shredded chicken. You’re welcome.