Several of our friends are
crazy on the new Paleo-diet craze. I thought my gluten-free diet was ridiculous but this is insane. No sugars, refined foods, grains, or fun. And only limited dairy. I wanted to find a dessert to please the no-dessert-eating crowd. Cheesecake seemed simple enough…and everything is better bite-sized. My ultimate favorite dessert of all time is my apple cinnamon cheesecake (aka orgasm in a bite) and I think I might be able to incorporate the two into one pinnacle of dessert awesomeness. But that was way too complicated for yesterday so I stuck to the basics. Next time I make the apple version, I’ll let you know. But these turned out so good that I might not be able to deviate…
paleo raspberry cheesecake
makes 12 mini-cheesecakes
3/4 C almond flour
1/4 C crushed pecans
2 tbsp melted butter
4 tsp cinnamon
1. Place liners in muffin tin. Press crust into each cup and bake at 350° for 8-11 minutes or until golden and starting to crisp.
2. Set aside to cool. (but leave oven at 350)
2 pkgs 1/3 fat cream cheese
2 eggs (or 1/2 C egg beaters)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon juice
1/8 C sour cream
1/8 C agave sweetener
1. Mix all ingredients together in mixer. Blend until no longer lumpy.
2. Place two raspberries in each muffin cup on top of baked crust. Pour filling on top.
3. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes. If you have a pan big enough, do a water bath. If not, they will still be delicious, but will probably crack and look like the picture at the top, not the beautiful cheesecake you envisioned and that got eaten before you could find your camera. I’m not bitter about it or anything.
4. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. When cooled, refrigerate until serving. Garnish with pomegranate seeds, or whatever you have in the fridge.
5. Serve and then start on your second batch because they are going to go fast!