My best friend has a slight addiction to s’mores. (Okay, so do I) Thankfully for her blood sugar she also has an addiction to cross-fit. She is in Afghanistan right now serving our country (Thank you!) so I needed to figure out how to get that marshmallow goodness all the way across the world. I stumbled upon this recipe and knew I had a winner. I made a batch following the regular person recipe and tested them on Husband and the gang of guys that materialize at our house on Sundays during football season. It took 5 minutes for them to be completely devoured. (5 minutes after that they all had diabetes but whatever.)
I cannot take any credit for the recipe, only for not messing it up. But hey, delicious is delicious, no matter whose recipe it is. I’ll happily give credit where credit is due.
adapted from the-girl-who-ate-everything.com
3/4 C butter, softened
1 C brown sugar
1/2 C pure cane sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 1/2 C flour
1/2 C chocolate chips (I always use dark because I like it better)
jet-puffed marshmallows, cut in half
3 regular sized Hershey’s bars, broken into pieces
1-2 packages graham crackers, broken into squares
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Cream butter and sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
3. Add flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and mix until well blended
4. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Lay out graham crackers on baking sheet side by side. Place marshmallow half in the center of each graham cracker and top with 1 tablespoons of cookie dough. Slightly form dough around marshmallow. It doesn’t have to be perfect.
6. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes then remove from oven and press Hershey bar piece on top of each. Bake for 5-7 more minutes or until golden brown
7. Move to wire rack to cool. Or just eat them immediately.