I try to send a package of homemade goodies to the troops overseas every few weeks and I recently received a request for cranberry white chocolate chip cookies. Eager to do my patriotic duty, I gave it a shot. After a little recipe browsing, I started with a recipe from Dulce Dough and made a few minor adjustments. The final product was hit. But I think anything is better than chow hall food, so I might not have the most reliable critics.
red and white cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup pure cane white sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg (or 1/4 cup egg beaters)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup dried cranberries
2 tsp orange zest
1 tbsp flaked coconut
1 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars.
3. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
4. Add flour and baking soda and mix well.
5. Stir in cranberries, orange zest, coconut, and baking chips.
6. Using about a tbsp of dough, roll into ball and place on untreated cookie sheet.
7. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.
8. Remove from pan and place on wire rack to cool completely.
9. Voila! Perfect, festive cookies!